Using the Message Board
The message boards have been set up to make everyday life in Chapelton easier, and to allow all residents to communicate with each other, with the option for local retailers in the town to participate as well. The CCIC may also add useful notices.
To ensure this platform is inclusive and safe, and that it is a place where you will find informative and useful discussions, here are a few guidelines that we ask you to adhere to and which will apply across the site. Remember that the site is designed for everyone’s use and enjoyment, and please bear the following mind when posting.
1. We welcome discussion, but personal attacks, persistent trolling and abuse will not be tolerated.
2. We will consider removing any content/postings that others might find offensive or threatening, or content that may put us in legal jeopardy. (this includes racism, sexism, homophobia). This may lead to the entire stream of conversation being deleted.
3. We reserve the right to redirect or curtail conversations which are deemed inappropriate for this forum. We don't want to stop people discussing topics, but we do ask users to find ways of sharing their views that do not feel divisive, threatening or toxic to others.
5. Keep it relevant. Please post comments that are relevant to specific topics. Comments that are deemed unrelated to the original topic ("off-topic") may be removed, in order to keep the thread on track. This also applies to queries or comments about management issues, which should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Be aware that you may be misunderstood, so try to be clear about what you are saying, and expect that people may understand your contribution differently to how you intended.
7. The forum belongs to us all, and we are all responsible for it. We want this to be a welcoming space for discussion. We hope participants will help us achieve this by notifying us of potential problems and helping each other to keep conversations inviting and appropriate. If you spot something problematic please report it to email@example.com.
8. Participants who seriously, persistently or wilfully ignore the community standards, participation guidelines or terms and conditions will have their posting privileges for all community areas of the site withdrawn.
This is not an action that we take lightly or arbitrarily. However, we are aiming to create and maintain an online experience consistent with our values, and we reserve the right to make decisions which we feel support that.
We reserve the right to take steps or implement measures which we hope will benefit the whole community of this website's community participants.
Because we are ultimately responsible for everything which appears on this site, all actions and decisions taken by our moderators are final.
For queries about your user account, you should also contact firstname.lastname@example.org.