Applying to the CCIC
1. Look at our Design Framework for guidance to see how the CCIC will consider an application for your proposed works.
2. Determine whether your proposals are for the removal of trees and hedges, Minor External Alterations or Major External Alterations. Informal guidance on your proposals and advice on what application is needed will be provided if you contact Carol Leslie via email on CCIC_Admin@chapeltonlife.co.uk
4. Submit your application for approval to the CCIC with the relevant application fee.
5. A letter of acknowledgement will be sent by the CCIC. The CCIC may also write to your neighbours and the Community Architect may conduct a site visit.
6. A three week consultation period will take place.
7. The Community Architect may write to you and suggest changes or alterations to the proposals to make them acceptable to the CCIC Design Review Board.
8. At the end of the process the application will be either granted approval, conditional approval or refused. Your neighbours may be notified.
9. If required, apply for planning permission from Aberdeenshire Council.
10. Where Conditional Approval is given, you will need to submit full details to the CCIC for further approval. This may involve a site inspection once works are complete.
Please download the relevent interactive pdf form, complete the information and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.